Friday, August 13, 2010

what my mom didnt tell me about having two kids

so in less than a week, my daughter chiyo will be two months old making me a mom again for the 2nd time. when i was still pregnant with her, i had so many questions, which were often answered by my mom. most questions were about raising two or more kids (for those who dont know, i have three siblings). i was always worried that i'd neglect one of them, making him or her dislike me or worse, not recognizing me. but there were some things she didnt elaborate or would want me to learn on my own.

1. i learned that my time can never be mine, id have to share it with them...
(and as if proving a point, while i was typing this, i was interrupted by my son 2x, my daughter 3x and once by my husband). my banyo time would be shortened by 10 mins (e kung maligo nga ako e 20 mins max na... do the math!), i have to watch whatever tv show my son would want to watch (either nick jr or wowowee and since i hate the latter, hola dora and boots!)

2. ...but id rather have them bugging me during my "me time" than not bother me at all.
coz if no one bothers me, that means someone or something already replaced me. and to me thats completely unacceptable.

3. being a mom of two would make you a jill of all trades.
imagine this, im breastfeeding chiyo while josh is holding on to my legs as he is seated on the throne (or potty). of course, after pooping, id have to wash his butt while burping chiyo... hehehe... (my poor baby is immuned to the smell of his kuya's poopoo and vice versa)

4. neglect everything, but not the kids.
my fingernails have only been cleaned today after almost two months.
my last haircut was 3 or 4 months ago (but only coz im growing it out)
my kikay kit (yes, i still have one) havent seen the light yet
my cabinet still have some maternity clothes in them
... and my list goes on...

5. love can never be divided, only multiplied.
i asked my mom how she was able to handle 4 kids while working, she answered "kung sinong me kailangan". since chiyo is still a baby, most of the time i have is spent with her but i make sure that her kuya wouldnt be neglected. i still have my kuya and mama time, which is everytime we eat. (takaw like me but slim like dada, lucky lucky kid!) he also watches me when i cook, when i exercise, when i play with chiyo. im so happy josh is an understanding kid.

most people ask if chiyo would be my last child and to be honest, i cant say. (hello, 23 pa lang ako... ayoko magsalita ng tapos...) but if she is, im thankful for a lot of things but most especially, being their mama...

now, as for that 20 minute bath....
====================================================================
originally posted via multiply, August , 2008 2:41 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment